It’s easy to take your eyelids for granted. Most of us go through life without giving them much thought—but when you have a functional problem with your eyelids, it can make life difficult.
Additionally, you may grow to dislike the appearance of your eyelids, and wish for a way to rejuvenate them. In either case, there are treatments available to you—specifically, blepharoplasty, which is just the medical term for eyelid surgery.
But what can blepharoplasty treat, exactly? And are you ultimately a good candidate for this kind of surgery? Those are the questions we’ll address in this post.
What Does Blepharoplasty Treat?
To begin with, let’s take a look at the various conditions that eyelid surgery can treat. They include:
- Loose or sagging skin around the eyelids, which can not only alter the physical appearance but also impair vision.
- Fatty deposits around the eyelids, which can cause the eyes to look “puffy.”
- Bags under the eyes, which cause you to look tired all the time.
- Drooping eyelids that reveal the white below your iris.
- Fine lines and wrinkles on your eyelids.
If you have any of these symptoms, then eyelid surgery may be something you could consider. The question remains, however: For whom is blepharoplasty a viable option?
Are You a Good Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
Here are the kinds of people for whom blepharoplasty can be a prudent solution:
- People who are basically healthy, and don’t have any medical conditions that could impede their healing process.
- Those who have a positive and realistic goal; eyelid surgery won’t totally change your appearance, but it can make a substantial difference.
- Those who do not have serious eye conditions; if you have ocular health concerns, speak to your eye doctor before pursuing eyelid surgery.
Making an Informed Decision About Eyelid Surgery
If you have one of the conditions we mentioned here, and also fit the basic eligibility requirements, then your next step is to meet with a cosmetic surgeon. Make an appointment at Exclusively Faces today!
The first thing a surgeon will do is talk with you about your goals, and about why you wish to have an eyelid procedure performed. This ensures that you have realistic expectations, and also that you are choosing the right solution.
In some cases, clients who come to us asking about eyelid treatments ultimately wind up pursuing something like a brow lift or even a facelift, which can better align with their cosmetic goals.
Your surgeon will also evaluate your overall health and wellbeing and confirm that it’s a reasonable option for you; keeping our patients safe is always the top priority.
Contact Exclusively Faces Today
If you think you’re a good candidate for eyelid surgery, we invite you to take the next steps. Reach out to Exclusively Faces and ask us about blepharoplasty.
Set up a consultation by reaching out to our consultants at your next available opportunity.